Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Broken Picture

I'm not in the best of moods right now, and since this is my page I'm going to explain to you why. here, we, go.



Okay, so I have these two friends (for all intense and purposes we'll call them B and M.) I asked them if I could share their story but they're only letting me release part of it, so it's a little incomplete.

Here's a little background first. First, last year we all went with our church the is camp type thing, called CIY Move (Really fun, if you have a chance go.) There was me, B, M, and our friend Jess. Second, B and M are sisters. Third, B and M's parents are split up and they live with their mother.

At the beginning of this year we all promised that we would all go again, we had our rooming assignments all figured out and it would be all awesome. We were all so excited. I was going to room with B and M, and Jess was going to be in the single next to us.

Well then Jess comes up, around Christmas break, and tells us that this other thing (Babyfold) was the same week as CIY, and she had already signed up for Babyfold. We responded with wishes that she have a good time with the kids, and to take plenty of pictures.

That was the first crack in the picture we had imagined.

A couple of months pass, and B is fighting with her mother over some stuff. B has finally had enough and announces that she wants to move and live with her father. This sets her mother off on a terror. B does and currently is living with her father in a different city. She didn't take M with her.

Another crack.

The mother decides that since B isn't living with her anymore that the mother doesn't have to pay for CIY anymore. Keep in mind that the deposit had already been turned in and processed.

B told me that she was out, and she felt really bad, but she couldn't pay for it. (There was some other stuff too, not just the money issue, but they don't want me talking about that part.)  I was upset, but I understood that there wasn't much she could do about it.

More cracks.

School ended way too soon. I tried getting into contact with M, to talk about CIY and how we could still both have fun, even if B and Jess weren't going to be there.  I sent her texts, Facebook messages, and even e-mails, but I never got a response.

We ship out to CIY on Monday, the 22. M finally got back to me yesterday, the 17th. She said that she wasn't going. She didn't explain why, she didn't even say sorry.

Bam, the picture broke!

So now I'm out a roommate, because everyone has been planning for this thing since at the very least May. I'll be sitting on the bus without any of my best friends, I'll be eating my meals with my guy friend, and that's only if he's still going too!

Yes, I know what you're thinking, but Kells, now you can just make new friends. You know what? That's true, but still! We had started planning this and we all promised that we'd go, and now I'm the only one keeping that promise!

Half of me doesn't even want to go anymore, but I already paid, so I have to. I just hope this isn't all a bust.

This wasn't helpful, again, but this is kind of a big deal for me. Haven't you ever had people break a promise? It hurts. And It makes you think, 'Why even bother trying to make a picture, when it so easily can crack?'

From my corner to your heart, K.
(P.S. Sorry if this was so long.)
(P.P.S. I won't be on next week because of CIY.)

No comments:

Post a Comment