Friday, November 30, 2012

Trees, Trees, and Trees (Christmas)

Okay, no more life reflectons for a while, Kay? With getting back in the season I am so super excited. Tomorrow my mother, dad and I will go out looking for a tree to put up in our living room. It's always been my job, ever since I was little, to find the biggest and best tree in the lot. Then, we'll drag it home, and attempt to decorate it. Sigh, here, we, go.

(This is a tree, put together upside down, wow! Wish I'd thought of that.)
In my how we have three trees, two fake and one real. Right now we have one of the fake ones decorated, and the other we just got put together. The decorated one is what I call the "Golden Red Rover" or "GRR" because its all gold, red, and green. We set up "GRR" on our landing above the stairs.

The second fake tree I call "Wintergreen." It's a lot less creative, but the alternative is to call it the penguin tree, and that just sounds silly. It's decked out in blue, white, and loads of penguins. We set it up down stairs in the corner of the room, just far away enough from the fireplace so that it doesn't catch fire. The other thing that's down stairs is my mom's village. Currently it's four layers, and the only thing she's missing is a Christmas tree lot.

With works as a great transition to talk about the third tree. I don't give it a name, but it's my favorite. It doesn't have a theme, but it's where we put all of the ornaments that have dates on them. It's also where we put the ornaments that are homemade, and special. I love the smell of the tree whenever I enter the house. And since the family comes to our house for Christmas there are presents underneath all three of the trees.

I love Christmas and the festivness (Is that a word?) that it brings. I love decorating, and being with my family, no matter how dysfuntional we are. And getting presents isn't too bad either, haha.

From my corner to your heart, K.

No comments:

Post a Comment