Thursday, October 18, 2012

Scarlet Letter is a good book people!

In English class we're reading the Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Frankly, I don't see why people don't like this book. But, here, we, go.


So, for those of you who don't know, the Scarlet Letter is a book (obviously) that features around this woman,  Hester Prynne. Hester is forced by the town to wear a red A as a punishment for sleeping and having a child with someone other than her husband. I can't tell you the end, but the story is about Hester's husband getting revenge on Hester's partner.

As I wrote in the introduction a lot of people dislike this book. Probably because it used a lot of big words, and is written in older english than we speak now. I don't find this a problem, and I think that if you could get past those two things then you would love this book.

It relates so much to every teen, because we all (maybe) know that one boy or girl who cheats on his or her girl or boyfriend. Which I think is just rude!

But seriously, you should totally read this. And if the language is hard for you, there's always Sparknotes! (If you don't know what that is, then google it.)

From my corner to your heart, K.

No comments:

Post a Comment